If you are interested in starting a new student group you should contact the Opportunities Coordinator through email@example.com, to talk through your idea.
It's not as hard as you may think, plus you'll receive help from Union staff throughout the process and after as a ratified group.
You should consult the list of existing student groups here to see if a similar student group already exists - we are unable to accept duplicate groups.
- You should have determined the group's aims and objectives.
- You should contact any similar existing groups to discuss whether there would be any conflicts or concerns.
- You will need to have a president, treasurer and secretary.
- You should seek out other interested students to demonstrate support for the group.
- Submit your application
- Read the guidance provided and fully complete the new student group form (you will need a full Exec to proceed with your application). Applications can be submitted at any time of the academic year, but the time taken for decisions to be made on them will vary depending on the date you submit your application.
- Your application gets reviewed
- Someone will get in touch if there is any information missing from your application.
- Student Groups Committee will look at your application in the next meeting possible and either make a decision of ratification/rejection, or ask for further information.
- After Ratification/Rejection
- You will be contacted to confirm the outcome of the Committee’s discussion.
- If your group is ratified you will be invited to an induction session, which you must attend in order to be eligible for a start-up grant.
- Your student group will also be added to the Students’ Union website, and other support will be provided in order for you to get your student group running.
Here are all of the documents that you will need as part of registration, please have these ready to upload into your form:
If you are interested in setting up a new student association (a representational group) simply get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the process.