• A student-led society striving to raise awareness on the issues surrounding sustainable development, climate change and the supply and demand of energy.
• Provide an environment for enthusiastic students to develop their knowledge, question their understanding and learn about energy.
• Spark debate amongst students whilst providing professional and informed personnel to contribute
• Strive to influence and educate those students who might take positions of power in the future on the principals behind our energy future and, in doing so, allow them to make better and more informed decisions.
• Providing students with talks, debates and innovation sessions as platforms to develop understanding on the future of energy. These will be in association with DEI.
• Promoting DEI and its bursaries for energy related events, both regional and international.
• Provide students a unique environment to discuss and debate energy related topics, some outside of the scope of university studies, which will have a profound impact on our generation.
• Provide a platform to pioneer change and fuel the future.
• Provide an exceptional quality of speakers to take part in debates revolving around some of the most important energy challenges of our generation.
• Opportunities to attend the International and Regional Student Energy Summits as well as a host of other talks and events.
• Networking with speakers from a wide range of energy firms, sourced through the DEI who already have several affiliates/sponsors. Current DEI sponsors can be found through: https://www.dur.ac.uk/dei
Click here to view terms and conditions
As a member of Durham a Durham Students' Union group, the executive members who run your group and the Students' Union may use your name and email address to get in touch with you about group activities, elections, opportunities, and news. Your data will not be shared with any third parties and you may contact us at any time if you would like to access your data. You can find more information about how we manage your data on our website.