Every term our student groups give you a chance to try something different, with our Give it a Go programme.
This allows you to try activities without committing to a subscription.
If your society would like to host an event please complete the form in the Signup tab above.
There is a budget of up to £60 available for each Give it a Go session.
This £60 is made up of:
- Up to £30 for expenses for the Give it a Go session
- A further £30 for gathering feedback from participants and for completing a planning and evaluation form.
What to send us:
- A photo of your society, Preferably this photo should show the activity that your GIAG session will be doing but if a photo of this kind is unavailable any photo of your group will do. We can use this to promote your event through Instagram and Twitter to show people what you are doing or what a fun group of people you are.
What you need to do:
- Check that the event on the Students’ Union website is correct and if not contact us to make the changes. Please do this in plenty of time before of your activity as events are made well in advance and are open to students to reserve tickets from the start of term.
- Share any social media that we put out for you for you (retweet, share status etc). The more people who interact with our posts will enable more potential attendees to see that your activity is taking place.
What we will do:
- Make an event on the website for people to sign up to
- Inform you how many people have signed up and send participants a reminder email
- Provide the Give it a Go logo which you can use on your social media and emails
- Post at least one Facebook post will go out each week about that week’s GIAG activities
- Post at least one tweet.
- If you provide us with pictures we will share these on Instagram.
- Retweet any tweets that we are mentioned (tagged) in.
After the event
- We would love for you to send us information and pictures about how your activity went so we can put this on the website and share through our social channels.