- My name is Caitlin Conmy.
- I am a 1st year undergraduate
- I study Criminology and take 2 English modules.
- I am involved in numerous societies such as: Purple Radio, DUPSS and FemSoc
- I am a Van Mildert T&S Rep, a household & department rep and a Tutoring 121 Ambassador.
- I volunteer at AgeUK and am getting involved with the vaccination programme.
- My hobbies include: Singing/ Songwriting, poetry, theatre and public speaking.
Why am I running?
- I have fallen in love with Durham (cringe) and I would love to make everybody’s experience that little bit more welcoming.
- Mental Health campaigning is close to my heart and I would like the platform to be involved in the creation of real change and normalisation of speaking out.
- I already have some ideas for events (when COVID-19 subsides), resources and the creation of safe spaces to provide that support that students need and deserve.
Three things that are important to me?
- Mental health! Things are going in the right direction but not openly enough. People should not cringe at the topic: mental health.
- Student voice. If I am elected I will be speaking for the whole student body. To do that I will set up surveys, feedback sessions and groups. I want to make it clearer than ever that it is you who changes SU future.
- Reducing toxic/ discriminatory cultures. This pandemic has brought out the best and worst in us and I would like to make it easier for students to report instances of harassment through accessible safe spaces and anonymous social media forums
If you have any questions message me. Thank you and please vote for me :)