Hi all, I’m Aditya Lathar, a second year Law student from Stephenson College. I’m currently serving as the President of Durham University Indian Society and as the International Officer of the College JCR. I am contesting for the position of DSU President this year as I want to continue representing the students and ensure that the student voice is heard and the overall student experience continues to improve year on year. I feel lucky that I’ve had an amazing experience here at Durham so far and want all students to be able to have a great experience here as well.
- I will fight against the rise of tuition fees for home and international students.
- Lobby the university to implement ‘no detriment’ policy.
- Reform the regulations for essay deadlines by replacing the 40% capping system with a staggered decrease in marks
- E-Library Access to all students even after 5 years of graduation
- 24x7 Open College JCRs
- Annual Cultural Fest
- Will open SU Riverside Bar & Café with free food, games and activities during the Christmas break for all those students who couldn’t go back home
- Free Printing Facility in the SU and every JCR on the weekends
- App for Night Bus service
- Online anonymous suggestions and feedback portal
- Student Fair to resell books and other helpful items at the beginning and end of each academic year
- I will work with the people of colour association to combat all racism and discrimination.
- Better Access to more resourced mental health services, with diversity among counsellors
- Action against high accommodation fees
- Leadership training programs
I am approachable, Sociable, grounded and real candidate with huge amounts of leadership experience, energy and passion.
- Organized a cultural festival for 40,000 students as the cultural president of Delhi University
- Worked as the International Officer
- Serving as the President of Indian Society