Know someone who has worked tirelessly to contribute to the student community? An academic worth attending a 9am for? Or a student group which has become your second family? It’s time to celebrate the people who have made your year.
On the 14 June, the SU Annual Awards will take place in the Radisson Blu, Durham. We’re planning the food and gathering the entertainment, but we have one important thing missing: the award-winners. Tell us who you think should be on our list by taking a look at the categories, and filling out the nominations form below. Nominations close 29 April.
- Academic representation: for a student who improved education in their department or faculty by effectively representing students’ academic interests.
- Academic partnership: for a member of staff who transformed education in partnership with students, supporting them to create new content or ways of teaching and learning.
- Contribution to the learning community: for a student or staff member who made an outstanding contribution to building a critical and collegial learning community in their society, college, department, or across Durham.
Making everyday life fairer
- Contribution to student wellbeing: for a student who made an outstanding contribution to campaigns to improve student wellbeing.
- Best campaign: for the student-led campaign which most effectively called for a fairer life for students in Durham.
- Student support: for a staff member who made an outstanding contribution to student wellbeing.
Building stronger communities
- Contribution to the local community: for a student or student group who made an outstanding social impact in the City of Durham or wider region.
- Contribution to the college community: for a student or staff member who made an outstanding contribution to the life of their college.
- Best student group event: for an outstandingly successful student group event where students were able to share cultures or interests.
- Best college group: for a successful college student group which delivered outstanding opportunities, campaigns or events for its members.
- Student group of the year: for a successful Durham SU student group which delivered outstanding opportunities, campaigns or events for its members.
- Outstanding commitment to a student group: for a Durham student who has demonstrated dedication to a student group, organised and led quality activities, and had a noticeable impact on the group.
- Brand new society: for a society established from January 2017 onwards, which has built up a good-sized membership, are running a number of quality activities, and can demonstrate the dedication of the executive committee
- Honorary Life Membership: for students or staff members who have made an outstanding contribution to students throughout their time in Durham, and are deserving of Durham SU’s highest award, as nominated by the Awards Committee and approved by Assembly. Only those who are now leaving Durham will be eligible for this award, and the total number of awards made will be limited to 10.